Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Leon Panetta for DCI? Really?


I find the recent news that Leon Panetta is to be appointed Director of the CIA highly disturbing. Considering his experience, or lack thereof in matters of intelligence it makes one wonder how our ability to fight terrorism will be affected. I partly think this due to Panetta's insistence on holding the CIA to the standards of the military as well as President-elect Obama announcing he wanted to change how the United States went about fighting terrorism. Both these things worry me.

This was a real shock to me. I have been pleasantly surprised with all of his other picks for his national security team, Hillary Clinton, Jim, Jones, and Robert Gates. This choice is truly unacceptable if we are continue to fight terrorism in an offensive manner and remain secure.

No comments: