Friday, September 11, 2009

Remembering 9/11, Eight Years Later

Today is September 11, 2009, eight years since the horrific attacks on our country. That day is ingrained in my memory as I'm sure it is all of you.

The question is though what have we learned since then. This is our first year with a new administration, an administration for that matter, which has a view of fighting terrorism that differs to a great degree from the Bush Administration. I have detailed these developments here, so won't go over them again, but it could be said that their view is pre-9/11 one, in which terrorism is looked to as more of a criminal matter than an act of war. In my opinion this view is wrong in the light of the threat al-Qaeda poses to the world.

I will not prognosticate what will happen in the coming years with the new regulations going into effect, but I hope whatever happens and whoever is in the White House, whether President Obama now, or others in the future, that we continue to enjoy a homeland that is free from threats.

No comments: